Generally, it is the duty of the lab members to provide their own stock materials for work in the lab. This may either be brought in or ordered through the lab manager by recording the materials needed, amounts, and a budget number to charge on the materials purchasing form hanging just outside of the lab manager’s office, CSE2 G15B. Orders are placed once a week.
When ordering or bringing in your own materials, please abide by the following permissible materials list.
3D Printing on Ultimaker 3 Extended
3D Printing on Stratasys F170 and F120
- Stratasys ABS
- Stratasys ASA
- Stratasys TPU-92A (F170 only)
- Stratasys PLA (F170 only)
- Stratasys SR30 Soluble Support (F120 only)
- Stratasys SR35 Soluble Support (F170 only)
- Ask lab manager to order these. We have a sizeable credit for stock material
- Please see the linked document. There are many materials that can and cannot be used in our laser cutters. Connect with the lab manager if in doubt as to the composition of your material or have questions on whether an unlisted material is safe to cut.
- CUTTING OR ENGRAVING UNLISTED OR BANNED MATERIALS MAY PRODUCE TOXIC AND CORROSIVE VAPORS OR CAUSE FIRE. ALWAYS ABIDE BY ALLOWED MATERIALS.
- NEVER cut vinyl, pleather/synthetic leather, PVC, or any other vinyl-containing material. This emits very dangerous, very corrosive chlorine gas.
Soldering and Electronics
- Non-leaded solder ONLY.
- Non-leaded components ONLY.
- Contact lab manager for questions.
- Receive approval before cutting MDF board. These boards often contain formaldehyde in their adhesives.
Shop G15A Tools
- ONLY cut wood with the tools in the G15A space. If you need to cut metal, please contact the lab manager.
- Only use low- or no-VOC paints and in small amounts.